6.28.2008

and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)
--ee cummings

You are everything lovely of my life:
You are first-discovered loves (of little things,
Like simple cloud days and
Reading in the sunshine and
The scent of fair-skinned laughing children;
Of poetry and art and song
And little words--that sing in quiet moments).
You are all the loveliness of my world,
You are All To Be Loved and All Worth Loving.
You are color and vibrance.
You are my days,
And your children are my hopes,
And your laughter is my dreaming,
And your sorrow is deepest heartache.
To you, I give my best years,
My all-of-me years, my years of knowing
And of not knowing.
To you, I give my best words
And all the best smiles (because now
You will be in every smile
And in every moment I love).

No comments: